Protection of communally shared resources: Is planning an incentive?Rangeland Management 0 replies 0 likes 0 votes 14 views
Resource Conflict Institute 3 months
There are a number of frameworks provided by the government on land use planning. For instance, in Kenya we have the Vision 2030, County Integrated Development Plans (CIDPs), County Spatial Plans (CSPs), Land Use Plans among others. Despite the frameworks providing guidelines for efficiency in planning, there is an obvious inadequacy by communities to enable claim in the protection of communally shared resources. Questions
- What are some of the existing frameworks that protect shared resources and land use planning?
- How inclusive has the formulation and implementation of the frameworks been?
- What are some of the challenges, opportunities and gains that have been realized in implementing these frameworks?
- What are some of the reasons that may incline grassroots’ communities not to adopt/implement the provided frameworks? How can communities tap into the existing frameworks?
- What are some of the technologies that can be integrated in these frameworks?