Land Transactions transitioning to Digital: Is this the right time?Land Management and Administration 1 reply 0 likes 0 votes 41 views
Resource Conflict Institute 6 months
Proper land management and administration is dependent upon proper systems, tools, records that are organized, functional and can be easily accessible to the public for efficient and effective service delivery. An example in Kenya is the on-going transition into digital technology for record-keeping as is proposed by the Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning. Questions:
- What are the dangers that users are likely to face with the electronic land transaction process?
- What are the possible challenges in the uptake of the electronic land transaction process by the public?
- What are the implications of electronic use in Community land management and transactions?
- Should Covid 19 be an incentive to hasten the electronic land transaction transition process? Is Kenya prepared to undergo such as transition?
- Does the proposed electronic transition address the present issues in the manual transaction system?